Wednesday, May 17, 2006

don't tell me things i don't want to hear!

i seriously think i'm very easily pschologically affected. by anything. i'm sensitive to people's remarks, i'm sensitive to changes in life, i'm sensitive to my mood and the environment...anything and everything.

now that i've gotten the green light from Dr. Loo that i can run again, i sped off this evening. I ran an impressive time and shocked myself. needless to say i had the best night of my life. the mood was great. i went out with girlfriends Lyn and Shiau Sang (more on her later) for a bak kut teh dinner. I wasn't health conscious when i scarfed down the fatty meat. I even suggested ice cream for dessert and we adjourned to McDs drive thru where i scarfed down my chocolate sundae. not a care in the world. i feel good! even right now.

I'm still not in tiptop condition, but i think i'm getting there. i don't want to sound too confident, else i'll wind up feeling disappointed again. Right now i just want to bask in my own satisfaction. :)

***

Shiau Sang is hilarious. I've not seen her in quite a bit eventhough she stays 1 minute's drive away from me. I used to park my car at her hse back then to walk to college. I haven't seen her since she left for HELP university and after so long, she still looks ever bit the same as she did.

She really cracks me up. Really. She is the most simple minded lawyer-to-be i have ever met. When she told me she wanted to do law 2 years back i laughed. I wasn't being mean. I just couldnt imagine her in a courtroom. She'd make a good lawyer though. She has her opinion on everything and she'd argue with you till she wins. It's just that she isn't the most fluent and articulate person. She reminds me a lot of this cantonese HK series i watched many years back called Kam Nga Tai Yan. Which means 'Golden Tooth Big Guy'. He was awarded the golden tooth coz he was a splendid lawyer...in HK. Then they flew him to US for a case and he stumbled through with his chinaman English. It was hilarious! I can still remember him saying "ob-jee-sion" which was actually meant to be "Objection".

Shiau Sang was telling us how they had a courtroom simulation and she was the prosecutor. she was all for winning the case when she announced "i think the defendent should be acquitted!". Next thing she knew, the "judge" let the defendent go and she was left puzzled!

hehe....:)

No comments: