Wednesday, April 26, 2006

long overdue post..

yea i know it's so unlike me to not post for so long. i have valid reasons, i promise. such absence from me is usually backed up by very sound explanations. trust me. :)

i was sick. good enough reason? hehe...

Quiksilver Revolution Tour

yes i went! my cousin gave me 2 free tickets and which better person to bring than my very own rocket-power-lords-of-dogtown-freak-brother, Keith??? in case you don't know what it is, the Quiksilver Revolution Tour was this huge event where surf, skate and music is combined into this wicked concoction! it was so cool! they had a vert ramp there okay! no kidding!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


so if you could only imagine, tons of bikinis for your viewing pleasure and tons of hot, sexy, tanned six-packs for my viewing pleasure. it was heaven. I need to get myself a surfer dude. a Jamaican surfer dude. hahaha...okay...*pops fantasy bubble*

so the main highlight of it was of course the performers. There were 2 local bands which was One Buck Short and Love Me Butch. The former was quite alright. I found it pretty amusing because the lead singer was this big round dude with long hair and he was jumping all over the place. but good music...really. the latter, however, was a bit of an ear sore. but yet the crowd was high and seriously pushing the limits of insanity.

The main highlight was none other than Click Five!!! i stayed rooted to the same spot from 7 pm till 11 pm because i wanted to catch them from a good point of view. When they finally came out, as bimbo-air-headed-dumb-blonde-ish as this may sound, all the aches in my feet subsided...the boy-band was no-less than international pop stars. I screamed my lungs out, my brother was jumping and bobbing his head like an ecstatic kid at his first concert! It was a blast! i forgot how much i enjoyed concerts!

here's a short clip...enjoy!




Malakoff Malaysian Duathlon Series 1 - Kuala Lumpur

This took place at Dataran Merdeka. I was very much aware of my new form, so i decided to take the sprint. i knew very well i cant complete the full. My disciplines were a 5 km run, a 15 km bike and a 3 km run.

It was alright i guess. I did a fairly good 5 km run. Not stopping at all. Fairing an alright timing of 36 minutes. Though i was one of the last standing, i still felt undeterred. I was determined to have a happy race.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The bike however, paints a different picture. I was actually quite confident of my cycling this time around, taking into consideration that i've worked fairly harder than before. However, it aint good enough. i did alright, 42 minutes plus. I now love PowerGel. :)

Finally, the 3 km run was torturous. I did 3 km in 26 minutes! can you say Whattttttttttt??? yea i know. it's lame. gah...need to finetune my running some more...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


***

yup...what a wild weekend....:) cant wait for the KK climb!!

No comments: