Thursday, March 24, 2005

[ the wrong impression ]

How many of u know that i have a condom keychain on my bag? hehe...it's a silly keychain from I Need House, and it's a condom inside a plastic casing which states "Break Glass in Case of Emergency". Kenneth Khaw got it for me on my 18th birthday. i supposed he marked me as "tai koh lui lorrr". haha

anyway, my uncle saw it just now and freaked out! haha he went on n on about how i'm giving guys the wrong impression. i couldn't help but laugh! and i think he got pretty mad at me after that. now he's planning to buy me a gold keychain for my birthday. geez, i wonder what have i done. haha...he keeps asking me to take it off. my aunty (his wife) thinks he's very old-fashioned. she says the school he teaches in have more rural students than the school she teaches in. apparently, she's seen even more creative condom accessories. so, i kindly asked her to stop my uncle from getting me a golden keychain. =)

anyway, my dad didn't allow me to go cycling today. well, actually he didn't allow me to bring my little brother along. i didn't put up a fight or anything, but i was pretty mad inside. why do they have to be so overprotective? i wish they'd just let me be free. it's not like it's that dangerous. i was only gonna bring him to SS18. and he's 11 for God's sake! he's not a little kid anymore. At age 11 I think my parents were pretty lenient with me. I don't get it. i don't think Keith likes being overprotected either. i think he feels he's big enough to take care of his ownself now, and i am with him a 100%. if there's anything in a guy that brings out how man he is it's independence. and my brother's gonna have it.

i grew up never ever having to wait for my parents to pick me up from somewhere. They always make it there at least 5 minutes before. I grew up never having to worry about my transport because they always get it sorted out beforehand. I grew up never having to worry about my 3 main meals coz that's sure to be taken care of. and i hate it! i hate the rigidity, the scheduled life that will most like have nothing go wrong in it. it's just too planned out! and it spoils me. i'm a spoilt pampered kid thanks to them! i can't sit on a bus to places because i don't really know how to check the schedule n stuff. i don't know the number of comfort taxi because i've never called it in my life. i never cycled anywhere for a purpose! and if i did any of the above mentioned, was because it was behind my parents' backs. I hate having to do that. I eventually tell them what happened in the end because i do not like lying. and Pn Yeo is a walking lie detector anyway.

that's one of the reasons why i wanna leave home so badly. my dad says "you have no idea what's installed for you". Yeah! If i did, what's the point in calling it experience?? He says "you think it's all fun fun fun only". Hello?! Do i seem like a 10 year old to you?? i'm almost 19 for God's sake. In countries across the world, people get married at age 19! they probably move out at age 16! yea i bet they do it just for fun!

over the recent years my dad has changed. remember my post about Daddy's Girl? Well i'm daddy's girl no more. My dad has become a mocking, criticising, unsupportive, negative, overprotective father. he mocks everything i wanna do, he claims i'll fail in everything i say i wanna do, and he doesn't let me do a lot of things. if he thinks it's some insane reverse psychology, well it's not. i get super hurt when he says things like that. he puts me down, man. he does. he makes it seem like my big bro's his favourite and my lil bro's his baby. i know there's no favouritism in the house but it seems like it sometimes.

so just like the condom keychain, my dad is getting a wrong impression of me. in his eyes, i'm the playful lil girl who knows nothing about the outside world and is way too immature to understand it anyhow. and if i thought that he'd be the one to understand me in this family, then i've obviously gotten the wrong impression of him either...

No comments: