Sunday, February 25, 2007

FTAAA Cross Country Run

I actually went for a run spontaneously this morning. It was so out of the blue, I think I was very unprepared for it. The run was 8km for men open and 6 km for women open. It was one of those Milo events so the place was packed with school kids! There were several bus loads of students from some Sek Men Sains. omg!!

I drove there again, with Isaiah. I had a small slice of chocolate cake for breakfast because it was just too tantalizing to resist. =) We reached at about 6.30 am. I was pretty sleepy and considering my race started at 7.50 am, i had a lot of time to waste. Isaiah's started at 7.30 am. Met Mr Loke wife Agnes and son. Isaiah was all "So, top 5? can la..." and i was like "haha dont know la...". Then i turned left and guess what? Ashley was there. Turned right, and I saw Tang Kit Mun. Looked ahead and surprise surprise, Ms Yuan Yufang!!!! There goes my chances...

The race was a nice race though. Would've been nicer if: a. there were enough marshalls to ensure no one gets lost e.g. me. b. i hadn't looked down on KL jungles. There actually ARE jungles in KL city. who would've guessed?? hehe...so there was a short moment where i was wondering aimlessly, and there were moments where i slipped and fell on my bum coz i wore the wrong shoes. owell...

Came in 9th placing. They gave winnign medals up to 5th. Got my finisher medal though. =) Okla, have to start training harder di. KLIM coming!

oh by the way, anyone interested to join the SMART Tunnel run on the 11th of March? it's one week before KLIM and it's 16 km. Let me know! I got the forms. =)

2 comments:

Kevin Siah said...

Don't tell me you're doing the 16k before the KLIM?

galnexdor said...

er...yah! haha that's the plan...:)