Thursday, February 15, 2007

back to being alone

when the sun has come up again
and the light shines through the blinds
when my head hangs low in pain
from the drinks that hid the signs

when the cheekbones feel all sore
from all the laughing we did
when memories of the night before
starts to wither from being solid

when all the radio plays all day
are more love songs on end
and every caller calls in to say
"he's the one and only man"

when i'd rather watch Nick
then to drown myself in HBO
so that i wouldn't get sick
just by watching a romantic show

when self pity seem so cold
that it bites right into the bone
that's when reality starts to unfold
and it's back to being alone

I had an amazing Valentine's eve this year. First time ever, really. We were a bunch of really happy sober singles who rocked Luna Bar with the elbow pointing, and the left pinkies, and big fishes and small fishes. I thought maybe for once, i could have a perfectly enjoyable Valentine's Day without feeling sorry for myself.

But the night went away and morning came far too soon, that the next thing i know, i'm home on V-day with no plans whatsoever. It's pathetic i know, to see it the way I do. I'm a happy single. Really, i am. But i guess even happy singles never stop hoping that this year's Valentine's Day would be their last Valentine's Day as a single.

Owell, picture time...to all the happy singles out there, i hope you had a fantastic V-day (or eve) just like I did...:)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Karen thanks for visiting my blog. I've been really busy and have neglected updating it for one month. Its the longest in the history of my blog's existance.

How's the running coming along? What's the next race? See you in one of them!

Cheers

DK

galnexdor said...

hello dinesh! ahah i'll be running the half in KLIM...dont think im capable of doing a full...=)

see ya there!

Anonymous said...

super hot too, karen :D