Tuesday, February 20, 2007

the chinese new year and book report

CNY this year was a tad different than before. My amah was hospitalised for a few days before CNY. As the days to chui it (First day of CNY) drew nearer, she became more and more anxious to leave the hospital, but i guess health comes first. When the doc decided to keep her in for one more day she was pretty disappointed. So on the eve, we had our little own reunion dinner with her in the hospital room. Well, actually, she ate. We ate before going. But we stayed with her for a while la. We went to Klang after that to usher in the new year with my yehyeh and my mum's brothers' families.

The next day, my dad was woken up pretty early by my amah's phone call, literally shrieking to sa that she was discharged! When we went to get her, the nurses laughed and teased, saying how she was making phone calls all morning. So we let her eat her lunch (which she ate in a hurry) and we shot off straight to Raub.

The crash boom bang of fireworks and firecrackers in Raub never fail to amaze me. They play it so rampantly there, that it pretty much lasts all night long. I didn't bring my camera down thinking there wouldnt be any visiting done, thus nothing to snap about. But i was wrong. My dad's cousins all came with their children and all. The eldest cousin requested a group photo even. Felt kinda weird to be the oldest grandchild now that kor's in Australia. hehe...

Anyway, while i was there, i was granted some good reading time. I finally finished My Sister's Keeper. It's an amazing book, which i recommend all mothers to read. Oh and sisters too. It's got a really sad ending though. But i didnt cry. I'm yet to find a book and a movie which can make me bawl my eyes out. haha...

1 comment:

Kevin Siah said...

There can only be ONE oldest grandchild hahhah. Eh, you just missed out on early bird fee lah.

http://www.klmarathon.gov.my/KLIMEntryForm2007.pdf

You know what? I think I might do Perth Marathon this year too, 8 July. This way, if I miss out on City To Surf (again), I won't feel so bad.