Sunday, September 10, 2006

the half marathon

in all my years of running, i've never applied sunblock before. i have this phobia of it entering my eyes with my sweat, causing my eyes to smart. i had no idea what got into me this morning. must be the 4 hours of sleep. i was already sun burnt from College Day. so i decided to apply a tinge of sunblock to safe my face from total roasting. super smart move. pun intended.

but that, and the fact that i forgot my wristband, aside, the Putrajaya Marathon is at the top of my favourite race list for this year.

THE half marathon! i'm not gonna lunge into some long winded report. i'm too psyched to go into descriptions and narrations. so here's the cold hard truth. I slashed my 21km personal best by 5 whole minutes! and i didn't stop to walk ONCE! Ha!

now if there had to be a doctor i love most right now, is the Doctor who gave me my runs back. The doctor who gave my 2 hours and 12 minutes for a freaking 21.1km race!!

Of course, my dad deserves all of my love too. His race started at 7.30 am, but unfortunately he has a mad comeback runner as a daughter who was crazy enough to sign up for 21km after weeks and weeks of racing! we left the house at 5 am! Can't thank him enough! People tell me how lucky i am to have such a supportive dad. People, i KNOW. i'm his daughter! :)

And to Sam, for making my first 10 km a breeze because of his crazy antics of overtaking people and stepping onto drinking cups and sponges. Seriously, i was like "whoa! half way already, so fast!"

And to the runs in Sydney! if my brother had not dragged me from Pitt St, all the way to the Opera House, all the way across Circular Quay and all the way back, i'd still be doing my 3-4km/day runs! i think that pretty much jump started my "longer distance" training. haha!

I was too lazy to snap pics. I managed to steal some from Uncle Choi. Darn semangat man he, bring camera to run. The next time he tells me he's out of training i'm not believing him. hehe....


post race (Photo by Uncle Choi)

i'm so happy!

p.s.: i think i've busted my knees. and ive got a purple toe nail. bummer.

No comments: