Tuesday, September 05, 2006

again

i'm back here again
my mind's racing
my heart's thumping
i'm talking in my head
i'm listening to what is said
i'm feeling that familiar pain

i'm at it again
my focus is grey
from my path i stray
my hopes refuse to go
my head takes it slow
to speak up, i refrain

my heart's breaking again
with every miss you make
with every step you take
moving further away
there's no way you'll stay
the signs are simple and plain

i'm back here again
my heart's breaking
my mind's stammering
my head keeps asking
questions nobody's answering
i'm falling again

it's been a while since i wrote a poem. honestly, it's been a while since i wrote a poem here. i've been writing poems that i didnt feel like posting, else my friends would think i need a boyfriend again. there's a fine line between needing one and wanting one really. then again, there's also a fine line between wanting one and wanting the one. that said, plus my sappy emo poem up there, i think it's pretty transparent that there is a want and a one involved. but, i have a knack for falling for people who don't exactly feel the same way. but, i'm cool. i figured that it's time i gave up that fairytale i've been hoping to live. sitting around waiting for cupid to strike his arrows may work to a certain extend. at the end of the day, even if he was meant to be with you, you'd still have to come up with actions and words to get the ball rolling.

anyway, though the above poem may have some elements of truth in it, it is more of a comeback post. i'm not that heartbroken. coz i felt that if i didnt write one soon, i might have to change the title of this blog. haha...:)

No comments: