Saturday, August 26, 2006

the Vietnamese, the technician, the student waiter

you see i've got this Vietnamese in my group for a certain project. he's kinda good looking - tall, tanned, sharp nose, built. he speaks okay English for someone who took a 6 month English course before he started his degree. he's a basketballer. and he's funny. so you see, he's quite a catch in my humble opinion. plus, i found out this other girl in my course, a Korean, has the hots for him. (I know, Metro's quite multinational)

so that day we had a group meeting. but by a twist of fate, everyone else could not make it, but me and him. or him and i. whatever. so yea, conversation started. i asked him why he was here, which part of Vietnam was he from, how did he find our humid land so far and many other things you would normally ask a foreigner. it came to a point where i ran out of conversation topics and the lame topic of currency came to mind. i started asking about exchange rates and then asked him if he had any notes or coins that he could show me. so he took out some coins from his pocket and handed me a 200 dong coin. which i think is worth RM0.10. after examining it like it was oh-so-fascinating, he said "you want to keep it?". my heart leapt. not in the dramatic way, but you know, in a i've-got-something-from-a-cute-foreign-student kinda way.

so yea, final topic of the day was of course his "status". lo and behold...he's taken. by a French speaking, really hot Vietnamese chick. who's studying in France btw. he showed me pictures. she's Covergirl kinda hot. thus, ends the short crush. owell...i've still got the 200 dong. :)

***


i've got a new best friend in college. he's bald and he's cool. he told me i was fat sometime back but he is very much my life saviour. while i was promoting Rock4Hope and Heart4Hope he was always there to lend me a helping hand. he put up t shirts on bunting holders so i could catch more attention. he got me tape and staplers. he was my lelong speaker a few times. really i owe quite a bit to him.
today, as i closed up for the final time, he gave me a standing ovation. he told me how hardworking i was. and i felt so proud. i guess i feed on little praises like these.
but seriously, knowing Miles (or whatever his real name is) means you've got the entire Metropolitan college wired. figuratively and literally speaking. :)
doesn't he look like Ato Boldon?

***


I followed Lizamey and Chih Mei to Taylor's College PJ to dine and wine in the Hospitality and Hotel Management practical assessment. Thahirah came along. It was kinda cool. I actually think conventional courses like hospitality and management is much moreinteresting than the average business degree. our waiter, Maxwell, was nervous like hell. i don't blame him. his examiner was pms-ing. but really, i had fun! we had a 3 course meal, which for some reason stuffed me up. i couldn't finish my dessert!
the both of us (Thahirah and i) were treated by the both of them (Liz and chih mei). i feel so...appreciated. :)

No comments: