Thursday, September 23, 2010

wacky weather

Auckland's got some really wacked out weather this past few days.

I'd wake up to bright streaks of yellow sunrise pouring into my window at 7.15 am. Then I'd go and wash up, take a shower, and come out of the bathroom realising that the sound of water pouring down is coming from outside. I'd peep through the window and see rain, lashing down from apparently blue skies.

Then I'd have my breakfast and look out the windows as I do. And in my 15 minute meal, I'd see the day turn bright again and the birds come out to sing once more. I'd go downstairs, change and prepare to walk to uni when I see dark clouds hovering above me. Not wanting to take the chance, I'd come back in, don my waterproof jacket, and within seconds I'd hear rain pouring down again. So I'd grab my car keys and drive to uni.

And this has happened for the past 3-4 days. Really frustrating weather if you ask me. I haven't been able to run outside. I've been doing treadmill runs for the past few days, and on the treadmill I could never go more than 5-6ks. I managed one 40 minute run the other day, which I think was about 7.7 k. But yea, that was my limit.

Yesterday, it flippin' HAILED. Like pieces of ice fell from the sky like an ice dispenser. On the roof top you could see little bits of ice bouncing off the zinc pieces. It was so weird! I was so amused by it, I took a photo, but you can't really see much.
Notice the white spots on the road? That's ICE. This is the view from my room window.

Needless to say it was FREEZING yesterday. 9 degrees, in the middle of the day, and in the middle of Spring! I think that is so wrong! Winter's gone, stop rewinding! Bring out the SUN.

No comments: