Sunday, July 25, 2010

on being back

Bootcamp in Subang on Friday. Sprint Triathlon in Port Dickson on Saturday morning. 1 hour flight to Singapore on Saturday night. 10 hour flight to Auckland on Sunday morning.

Now in Auckland. Local time is 12.35 am. I am clearly jet-lagged. And missing him. And worrying about uni tomorrow. And wondering what I should have for breakfast, lunch and dinner tomorrow when all I've got is a Nature Valley peanut crunch bar, a packet of har mee, and 2 crackers.

Gotta go grocery shopping tomorrow.

It is surprisingly not bone-chilling cold. Although the temperature is about 10 degrees. Either this room is really well insulated, or I'm carrying enough heat in my body to sustain my core temperature.

I did not cry this time at the airport. He came to Port Dickson. We walked on the beach. We hugged. We kissed. We ate. We rushed to the airport. We hugged. We said goodbye. And I did not cry. I help my chin up, bit my lower lip, willed my tears to not roll down my face. And I did not cry.

Walking away from him is never easy. But at least every time it happens, it's one less time it's gonna happen. It didn't feel so bad yesterday, but today my heart felt a tad heavier.

On a brighter note, I completed 750m swim, 20k bike and roughly 3km run in 1 hr 26 minutes. Not too shabby considering I targeted 2 hours. Good comeback to the tri scene, although it'll be a while before I am able to do another tri. But I had fun! Triathlons are fun. =) Next year, I'll be back. =)

I've no more races. How? Gotta go look for some. I'm itching to compete. =)

I'm gonna miss bootcamp. I think it was what kept me nicely lean and toned even through my gastronomic escapades back in KL. I'm gonna grow fat without it. urgh.

Gosh I miss him.

No comments: