Sunday, November 19, 2006

tossing and turning

alone in my room wrapped in silence
tossing and turning in the still night

squeezing my eyes in persistence

with all focus to shut out the light


louder and louder i hear the clock tick

faster and faster the cars seem to travel

my eyes dart around at every tap, every click

my ears hear sounds that was never audible


images of happenings throughout the day

words and words on white sheets of paper

louder and louder they murmur and say

slowly i feel my palms getting sweatier


a glance at the clock treads on my nerves

five am and not a single wink of an eye

tossing and turning under the covers

alone in the darkness i lie


yeap...for some unknown reason i was unable to sleep last night. at 5.30 am mummy and daddy were awake, and soon keith too. Keith was going to Paroi for the Ong Kee Hui swimming competition. i dont know which is harder, trying to stay awake when your eyelids weigh a tonne, or trying to fall asleep when your mind's as alert as a hawk. i think my final glance at the clock was 6.10 am and the next thing i knew sunshine was pouring in through the windows. it was well after noon and that pretty much spoilt my whole day. i was in no mood to read any HRM. then again, i really shouldn't be blaming mood swings now...

anyway, to be fair to both brothers i hereby congratulate my big brother, Kevin, for passing his Tax exam for his CA.

p/s: i better be passing all my 4 subjects...all this congratulatory wishes is making my ownself jealous.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you! I'm so relieved, the thought of having to study the Tax materials again is just too painful. I'm sure you'll do more than pass, no pressure though.

Anonymous said...

i'm sure u'll do better than juz passing..all of us at metro know u too well to know that u'll pass and maybe score a HD in it..so dun worry too much laa..
u'll do well..and better than expected..RedBox after exams??

galnexdor said...

kor: ahahha...well all d best for the rest!

poolerbuoy: ahah of course! u cut the songs this time...