Saturday, July 29, 2006

yellow and purple is the way to go!

it seemed like only yesterday that i returned from PD with a smile on my face, thinking about the recently acclaimed glory of my so-called comeback. yes, time really does travel fast. in this case, 6 days sped by like lightning. so much so, procrastination has led me to absolutely no training for tomorrow's race - MMDS Putrajaya.

Once again, the cowardly me has signed up for the sprint event comprising of a 5k run, 25k bike and a 3k run. did i consider the full, you ask? yes i did actually. i figured i could breeze through the 5 k run. then struggle through the entire 50k bike leg. and end up crawling the last 10 k run. So unless i see myself in a prettier image than that, i'll leave the full to the professionals. Because once ive done the full, i can't do the sprint. so it's a rather life changing big decision to make. :)

collection of race kits was at The Curve today which i found really odd. It was usually in Armada Hotel PJ. anywhos, i went down with Isaiah and the place was packed as usual. They were strategically placed in front of the Brooks shop. (which conveniently was next to Al-Ikhsan and Tear Proof). I got a funky Brooks t shirt which i absolutely love because it is the same material as my Trailblazer one. started talking to Lizzie and this-malay-guy-from-the-lake. he went "you're doing the full right? oklah girl!" *raises hands to high 5* and i went "erm...no sprint only". Immediately his face changed and he went "Sebenarnya you boleh tau...[very solemnly]...dulu u pun lari saja kan? tengok skarang sudah cycling! tak boleh kata cannot!". haha it's very comforting to know that my fellow subang lake runners have such big dreams for me. everyone's got such faith in me. :)

speaking of Genting Trailblazer, i was staring dreamily at the handout the other day and something caught my eye. This is what's behind it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


now if u squint and look a little harder, you'll see this by the right of the leaflet!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
ME!


Ok. Saying i didnt attempt to train at all is not true. I did go for a ride on Thursday. I targeted 20 kms. But i could barely reach 5km when my back tyre burst. Since i went to change the tube, i decided to get new handle tapes as well. Spruce that old Giant up a bit. Seeing that the tape i got was bright yellow, i just had to clean the bike up to compliment the tape. and so my darling is once again looking dashing.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


oh and i got him a new monitor too.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


charming, isn't he? now for me. with such a handsome fella i should at least turn some heads too. and i know just what to do. it's been a while since i donned this...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


yup! purple girl is back! and loving it! hahaha...

i'm so gonna die tomorrow.

No comments: