Thursday, July 20, 2006

old school charming

it was Bec's last day in Malaysia before she flies off back to the cold harsh Melbourne air tomorrow morning (yes, im a meanie, but i'm the jealous one here). So I got her and Anne together in Swenson's SS2 just to meet up before she leaves.

It was a fun outing. We had fun laughing over silly matters and stuff. Then we came across this DVD store which sold like a lot of old movies, and guess what? I finally found my Saturday Night Fever! I know...ive been searching everywhere for it!



The moment i came home, i changed into my work out attire, put the disc into the player, pushed the stationary bike in front of the tv, got on and hit play! ha! so happy, can finally watch my 1970s lengchai.

the movie, much to my surprise was actually very very vulgar. haha so it's true, the people of the 70s ain't exactly the purest lot. but it was good entertainment, no less. now if John Travolta still looked like he did 25 years ago, i'd pay to watch him gyrate like that again. seriously, i would.

the coolest thing about the show, i felt, was when he gave up his number 1 trophy to a Puerto Rican couple at a dance competition. He felt that they were, in his words, f***in' better than he and his partner, and thus deserve the first place. that very scene simply made me reach out to kiss him. i literally did! i had my hands outstretched while my legs were still pedaling furiously away, maintaining a 23 km/h speed. hehe...

and when he was in his white tux, with his boot cut pants? yea, as gay as he may look, i thought he was the sexiest thing i ever saw. now why don't guys dance like that anymore, huh?

anyway, i didn't quite like the ending though. seemed rather hanging. but anyhow, it was a great show. any dance movie is a great show la actually...:)

i'm so easily charmed. strike a Saturday Night Fever pose in front of me and i'll probably be swept away. or maybe the pose with the white tux and boot cut pants. :)

edit: yup Mr Fang pointed out that i made Mr Travolta 20 years older than he actually is. Saturday Night Fever was filmed in 1977. :)

No comments: