Wednesday, July 19, 2006

my neighbour the prick

i've always thought highly of myself as a friendly neighbour. i've seen so many tv shows whereby the entire neighbourhood would welcome a newcomer with baskets of freshly baked bread, bouquets of daisies from their gardens and home-baked pasta. and i've always wanted to do that. maybe not with the delicacies and decor but with warm greetings. i've always wanted to be the-nice-neighbour.

but when my next door was bought up by this guy and renovations were carried out i knew they weren't a friendly lot. first of all, they covered their entire backyard with bricks and a high gate so that the only thing i can see if a person was there was his/her top of the head. it already screamed "no i dont want to buddy up with u".

then they moved in. a rather elderly couple. they seemed harmless at first. just a tad too shy. oh how wrong was i...

the husband has roving eyes. he has given me the once over like a billion times. and it has not stopped. he even smiles a bit when he does. my maid says he looks at her while she hangs clothes and cooks in the kitchen! he parks his motorbike on the far side of his porche, the side that's right next to my car. he apparently sits on his bike and peers into my kitchen!

the wife screams at her maid. they have changed their maid a gazillion times! each one working for less than 2 months. they're psychotic! their little girl can be heard scolding and ordering the maid around. it's so rude! and once i tried smiling at the wife, she gave me a deathly stare.

their maids (all of the prviously employed ones) are scared to death. once my maid spoke to one of them, the next day their maid got fired. it's nonsensical ain't it?

and the had this HUGE bush growing in front of their house. the bush grew so wild that it constricts my vision when i drive out. both my mum and Jude's mum (who lives on the other side of them) have told him about the bush and asked him to trim it, but no can do!

it wasn't until recently, my mum had to butter him up and sweet talked him into trimming the darn bush! the horny prick probably wanted to charm my mum...

a few days back, my ahmah caught them dumping rubbish at the back of someone else's house, a few doors away! the nerve of them! the person living there had to call up MPSJ and was later accused of dumping the rubbish there herself! apparently, my ahmah rescued her and testified that the idiots next door to us did it.

i regret to say i don't recall who lived next door before these morons came about. but whoever it was i miss them dearly. i miss my other side neighbour as well. the house on the other side has been left vacant for years! weird things have crawled into my house...

i'm starting to think apartments and condos are pretty good deals now.

No comments: