Monday, October 04, 2010

Looking ahead

How far into the future should one look?

How far ahead into your life can you be certain of?

If someone asked me, 'What's tomorrow gonna be like for you?', I would know the answer.

I've always been a dreamer since I was young. I've always had a pretty clear image of what I wanted to do with my life when I grew up. Though, this image changed possibly a million times throughout the course of my life, one thing stayed the same. I wanted to make a change.

As tacky as some of them are, Disney movies made me dream. I want to be the Mulan who saved China, I want to be the Pocahontas who stopped the war between the whites and the natives, and I want to be the Lizzie McGuire in the Lizzie McGuire movie, who meets a superstar, and ends up singing on stage in Rome and becoming famous! I want to be famous.

I've been pretty active in school and stuff, and have succeeded in achieving quite a bit at school level and in college, so I am quite a sucker for the limelight. I know it sounds self absorbed and a little shallow, but I really enjoy being complimented and rewarded for my efforts. I love recognition. I love praise.

And while my plans for the future still revolves around starting something unique in Malaysia and making a name for myself, it also revolves around being an amazing woman as a whole. I want to be the amazing wife and the awesome mom. I want my husband to feel like he's the luckiest man in the world, and my kids to think they're mom is the best. I want to be a loving, filial daughter, and the cool, fabulous sister. I want to hold house parties often and have friends over all the time.

I want the perfect life by being the perfect person. I want to make a lot of people happy.

Most of all, I want to love and be loved at the highest degree.

And that is my dream...

2 comments:

Li-Ann said...

its so wonderful that you have a clear vision of what you want, and the bravery to just say it and put it out there. i admire your optimism! its not something everyone is born with naturally (eg me, who is an eternal pessmist)

galnexdor said...

haha thanks li-ann. but a lot of people just think of me as a dreamer. haha