Thursday, January 07, 2010

the personal trainer

I love training people. I have people skills. I get along with most people.

I am halfway through a degree in Sport & Exercise Science. I've been working in a reputable NZ gym for over a year now.

What more does a Personal Trainer need huh?

But I guess there are some things which just can't be bought. Like experience.

I was having a drink with Dennis and Isaiah the other night. And something about that conversation made me feel really small. Isaiah's a great PT. He's been in the industry for about 5 years now. So clearly he would have a whole lot more experience in training people than I do.

But I feel small next to him since that night. What do I know? Close to nothing compared to him.

I've a long way to go if I want to be a great personal trainer. Guess I always knew it, but never quite realised it.

1 comment:

In Training said...

What does a Personal Trainer needs... Hmm... A lovely Smile, Looks Pretty, sense of humour...
Last but not least, training menu from hell!!!