Thursday, May 01, 2008

Of fishball noodles, mango loh, and more food at Eastin Hotel...

I think that very very soon, i will put on again all the weight i have lost during my diarrhea stint and the intense RPM training weeks. I have been stuffing my face like crazy over the past couple of days. It's been extremely rewarding yet extremely sinful. As if 7 scoops of rich creamy ice cream was not enough to upset my metabolism at this point, my RSG girlfriends are back and we went on a food trip. Ironically, my RSG get together always revolves around food anyway.
Yuh Huey is home from UK to film Arivind's latest horror movie. Rosie, Yuh Huey and myself met up on Tuesday for lunch at the Teochew Fishball Noodles restaurant in SS15. Free noodle refill. I say "pig out!". Poor girl had to chew carefully and slowly because she had her wisdom teeth extracted. It does not pay to be wise I've learned. My wisdom teeth have yet to pop out and i pray they stay that way. But that did not stop Ms Big Time London Dancergirl to chow down two bowls of Mango Loh at KTZ 1 utama. I know, i just found out there was one there too! And Mango Loh was fantastic...:)Yesterday night, was Metropolitan College's Hollywood Night aka Metroball 2008. And though it started off disappointing because a lot of my friends couldn't make it, it turned out pretty fun in the end. So, BOO you people who decided not to come. Your loss..:). The crowd was small but comfortable. The place was cozy. But the food was FANTASTIC. I had my RM85's worth when the lamb and the smoked salmon came on my plate. Really great food. :)It was also the night i crowned the new Miss Metropolitan. And it was good that Jin Li got it. It probably doesn't sound like much but it kinda struck me that I'm pretty much out of college for good now. No more remnants of me or my name left. Sure my photos are still there but that's about it. Nothing in that college has anything to do with me now. I've had a good 3 years in Metro. It was more than i had asked for. :)

5 comments:

Kevin Siah said...

Lamb shank AND smoked salmon?

No wonder you are gaining weight! :P

Jayson Yong said...

u didnt remind us lol

shirlyn said...

i wonder if u, me, rosie and any RSGs who are available to join us can go to KTZ 1U when im back! hehe...i wan to eat mango loh too!!

Gene said...

karen's gonna go through the "back in my day.." phase pretty soon.

Unknown said...

Good le..tht you guys had fun!! BOO to those who couldn't mkit.Who won Mr.Metro anyways.

Yes...am here finally.Will email soon and post some pictures.
Take care you!!Missing you and the gang like crazy edi!

Enjoy the food while you can!