Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Spears

Ever since Hit Me Baby (One More Time) hit the stations back in 2000, I became a proud member of the Britney Spears fandom. I loved Britney. I memorized her music, I secretly practised her dance moves in my room, I even used her song "Sometimes" to send to a boy in high school to tell him to "wait for me". haha...it was quite funny because in return he sent me "November Rain" by Guns N Roses. Talk about tough love.

I am such a Britney fan that throughout her downhill descend in the pop music industry, I defended her and supported her music even louder. I remember thinking "Piece of Me" was such an awesome song! But my all time favourite Britney hit was Me Against the Music featuring Madonna. I loved the tune, I loved the words, and I was absolutely blown away by the dance in that video! I wanted sooooo badly to perform Me Against the Music in some event...any event! Like Leo Club installation/IU, Sports Day, some distant cousin's wedding? Anything! For a very long time I kept crashing my knees onto my bedroom floor, trying to nail that move she has in that video where it ended with a knee drop to the ground, and an arch backwards.
Watching the latest season Glee episode with the Britney theme, I went all Britney-fanatic again. I've been Youtubing music videos of Britney all over again, watching that Glee episode a million times a day and wishing I had my high school years back so I can go dance in some event. haha...

I guess Britney Spears may not be the best role model to teens, but she was a great inspiration to me. Her songs had always advocated confidence, feminism, and the strength to speak up and speak out.

I love Britney Spears. I think Glee made a good choice in reminding everyone about Britney. =)

No comments: