Saturday, April 14, 2007

r.e.b.o.o.t.

now, every time i switch my desktop on, that very word glares at me, grinning from ear to ear, mocking me with its every white roman letter against the dark black background of the system's interface. reboot. it's cynical laugh drives me insane at that thought of my entire memory, my entire life depicted in the forms of images, word documents, files, videos, song...everything i had gathered and accumulated in the past years wiped out before my very eyes!

yes, the bad news have been broken to me by Dektos. There is a possibility that my harddisk has...crashed! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

*cue* compassionate words. thank you.

Ok drama aside, i hope that explains my lack of blogging. :) i have been dedicating my past few days to the world of Rhythmic Sportive Gymnastics. For starters, i have taken up a new coaching job with former Commonwealth Games gymnast and close friend of Regina my current boss, Carolyn Au-Yong. She was kind enough to invite me to coach with her at Sri Kdu school in the depths of Kota Damansara. And when i say depths, i mean more than an hour's drive in the mad morning rush through the jammed up LDP. Yup, so from now on, i'd be waking up at 6.30 am every Thursday morning, to go to Sri KDU. (which btw, is a beautiful school with gorgeous compounds and nice carpeted air conditioned rooms with mirrors n bars attached!) I sincerely enjoyed my first day there with the girls. They were polite and well behaved, and quite honestly, i am just in love with the mirrors. hahaha...

On the other hand, i have had my hands full with my current gymnasts of Sri Petaling school. They were practising very very hard for their Sports Day performance. Their teacher advisor was going nuts with each passing day so since i was he non-working coach, i had to make my way there a few times to watch them and discipline them and drill them over n over. i kinda pitied the girls as i could see the tiredness etched on their weary faces but the teacher advisor wasn't cutting them (and me) any slack. they were yelled at again and again by her and i couldnt feel any sorrier. anyway, the good thing is it ended this morning. Today was their Sports Day and Regina and I were pretty darn proud of them. They've picked up their sloppiness and showed their parents a good time. 3 cheers to them!

Last but not least, i have my own gymnastic endeavor. I went for my 5th class last night and it was looking all good and dandy...until i lept, landed and did a flexion. and something in my left thigh snapped. yes, the pain was very much felt. but thank God it was nothing major. I'm feeling alright now. No worries. But i think i may have just gotten myself a phobia of flexions.

pity...that was one of the few moves i could still manage which looked somewhat whoa worthy. *shrug*.

4 comments:

shirlyn said...

hope ur thigh is feeling better now..hehe...there r many other stuff tht we RSGs still can do...dun worry...we still can throw stuff in the air, do a split, balances, erm...mayb a stag leap *note: wihtout arch*...n erm....erm...tht's not many huh...haha...since u've adi got the whole thing choreographed...no worries la...=)

galnexdor said...

hehe thanks girl...i have a rehearsal on Monday...am feeling alright now...:) just hope i can rmb what i choreographed hehe

TriStupe said...

got wear your POWERBAR tshirt to coaching or not?

the tshirt inspire me...it should inspire your girls too.

galnexdor said...

really? it inspires u? ahahaha well, i do wear it sometimes...my girls dont know what powerbar is so they think its one of those funny statement t shirts...haha