Thursday, April 26, 2007

aussie aussie aussie! oi oi oi!

*edit* photos added courtesy of Roshida

Aussie Day started off with bleary and bleak. A little after 8 am and along the corridors of college were a display of pissed off faces. it was as if everyone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. People were being late, things were missing, everything was topsy turvy. Most of us were touchy and the slightest irritance would send anyone raging. it was that intense. and i was no exception. i guess at times like this you really find out who commits and who doesn't.

Anywhos, the moment the sunshine came, and the high school students poured in, the mood was lifted. There were smiles in place of the frowns and everything turned out alright in the end. I was cheering for SMKSJ all the way as if i were apart of them. haha...unfortunately, they lost. sigh, if only i was still in school. (haha...yes self praise is disgrace).

At about 11 am i got ready for the talent showcase. I changed into the skankiest outfit i've ever worn. i was very conscious that i might come off skanky but i guess when you're performing, you could wear anything and get away with it as long as it suits the act. As always, Tisha and Shakti were there to help me. I had bindis stuck onto my forehead and everywhere else. I had tattoo art drawn. I swear, what am i to do without these girls. :)

Shakti's performance was marred by the bad mic. But i think Marco was quite a charmer. :) The talent showcase started too soon. Rosie and Lyn was there before 12. Which was great! Coz i managed to get Rosie to crack my back! and it felt so much better after she did! like all the stiffness just went away! ahahah...

When the MCs announced my name, my heartbeat seemed to have upped a notch. i had no idea why i was so nervous. Performing should be second nature to me by now. Anyway, i started off pretty smoothly. i heard applause and cheer from everywhere. Yes, i've trained my koncos well! haha...then suddenly the button from my top popped! and this button was holding on to...shall i say...my dignity! at that point, it was do or die. i used every ounce of will power in me to not run away and cry. I piroutte around for a bit, and ended with as much grace as i could muster. Lucky for me it was towards the end already la.

So, nope, i did not do a Janet Jackson. that scarf surprisingly held on. When i get the pics i'll show you what i mean by skanky. haha...
rosie & lyn

The rest of the day was alright. I took part in the college challenge with Ms Juliana and friends. Curtin vs RMIT vs UFP. We, unfortunately lost. But the other Team Curtin won! so yay Curtin anyway! Ms Juliana, is super duper fun by the way.
Fellow Nominee Ms Emily Lim

Yup, i'll try to get my hand on the pics soon. Tomorrow's the big night! Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Kevin Siah said...

I know you are probably high about your college prom. But I have some triathlon news (it is after all my passion) which you would find very sad. There would be NO PD triathlon this year. So the Bukit Merah one would be conducted full scale. Think you're up for a quick upgrade to OD? Or maybe you can do the Kenyir Lake one end of May.

fluffybeauty said...

emily lim looks so familiar...is she from SMSJ?

galnexdor said...

likuan: yup...:) she was amongst the heartbreakers of smsj...haha

fluffybeauty said...

realli heartbreaker...i see also fall in love...ahahahhaha

galnexdor said...

haha...yea...she was my stiffest competition la...

jote said...

eh congratulations la.. you're now officially a champion in all aspects.. syabas!