Monday, March 12, 2007

Circle K Annual Installation

10th March 2007, Saturday

It was mentally gruelling to plan something i know little about. It was like building a structure when all i have is a semi ripped instruction manual. I pretty much followed my own instincts and took some of me Leo experience to put to use, and prayed for the best.

The installation turned out pretty alright in the end. Honestly, i felt it could've been a whole lot better. But the guests came to me with good remarks and positive feedback so I guess i am satisfied. That is, until the post mortem next week. The turn up wasn't as good as i expected so i'm worried we may make a loss. But that's another story for another day.
tisha the MC...did a splendid job!


It started out pretty worrying. My head was throbbing. All the sleep deprivation and the stress was taking a toll on me. And i haven't been running. I wasn't really thinking straight, and i feared that i wouldn't be quick thinking or alert enough to handle sudden mishaps during the installation. I really wanted to make a good impression on the Kiwanians as well as Anita and the rest. Mails was going on and on about Plan Bs and Cs and sure he was just trying to help, but it really wasn't helping me much frankly. I kept thinking some major screw up was going to happen.
the retro chics..:)

At 5 pm sharp, the Kiwanians arrived. I wasn't exactly free to talk to them. I felt really bad, because it was a fault on my part. When Mails had briefed me about the technical stuff, the lighting, the PA, the laptop and stuff, I had forgotten to pass the knowledge on to someone else. And so, i pretty much handled everything. I ran up and down as fast as my new heels can carry me.
tim and sean...signed, sealed and delivered in an awesome package...

5.10 pm, more people have arrived, people from TBS and friends of others. The dancers and some performers were no where in sight! I was this close to pulling my hair out. And then i remembered...Thahirah! I have not spoken to her within the past few days, and there was a very high chance that she may have forgotten about the event. I got someone to call her and to my utmost horror, she thought it was at 8.30 pm!!! I wanted to scream! But then it was my fault. I haven't been updating her...ohmigod!
BOD installation
installation of members

After more calling, and stressing, we finally kick started at about 6 pm - half an hour behind time mind you. But the moment it started, i think things went pretty smooth going. I was still running up and down, so much so i just imagined my heels giving way in front of the entire theatre.
ronald and matt...dreaming their lives away...
Shakti calling out to all Big Spenders

Overall, I really dont have many complains. The only person i blame for lack of efficiency was myself. The BOD were amazing! I can't love them enough. I think everyone had a great time. Tisha was an amazing MC. My dear performers outdid themselves. And I can safely say it was a pretty good event, not great, but almost there. :)

2 comments:

Kevin Siah said...

Why the decor like kindergarten only?

galnexdor said...

haha yeala thats what i told the guy who did it...nvmlaaa...:)