Sunday, March 25, 2007

chick-a-dee china, a chinese chicken!

For some reason, I was actually pretty psyched to go for this. Yes, the torso baring guy on the poster was an influecing factor. But I wanted to see what a fashion show was like, especially one organized by Weng Lum. So i gathered a few of my college mates, 8 of us to be exact, and the next thing i knew we were galivanting down the roads of KL in 2 cars.

We reached pretty late, but not surprisingly, were just in time for the opening performance. I was surprised to see Mr n Mrs Lok there as well! How supportive of them!

In short, what Weng Lum promised, he delivered. I thoroughly enjoyed the topless line of male fashion. Yes, and the lovely dresses the ladies wore too. =)

Initially, the plan was that a bunch of us would stay for the after party, while the other half went straight home. Me being in the latter category. But my friends were amazing when it comes to persuasion, and so they managed to come up with a danger proof plan which will ensure that i were to be accompanied every single moment until my doorstep. Armed with this plan, i was able to convince my mum to bend that curfew time of mine a little. So after the fashion show, we went to grab a bit at some mamak. Then we adjourned to Ruums.
april, yanyee, shakti, steven, karen, joey, khoa

To tell you the truth, this was my first time clubbing. I have always wanted to experience it, but I was never daring enough to ask my mum for permission. I'm a terrible liar too, so i never really attempted lying my way through. Friends have asked me time and time again to go, offering to fetch me, or to let me stay over, but knowing that my parents wouldn't be too happy about it just made me stay way from it altogether. Anyway, Ruums was...quite an experience. I found the place a tad too dodgy. The crowd wasn't what i expected. And frankly, the whole dancing on a dancefloor packed like sardines thing wasn't too much fun. Call me conservative but I really did not enjoy having random people pressed against me. And i kept tripping over my heels. I don't know how girls dance with 4 inch stilletos.
april, shakti, karen, yanyee, joey, ronald in background

I was out there for about 10 minutes, and then i had enough. I went back to my seat and watched over bags. The smoky atmosphere made me tear. and a little voice at the back of my head kept chanting that it was waaaaaaaay past midnight, making me squirm a little with guilt.

So at about 2 plus, we made a move. Yan yee stayed over at my place, and we talked till 5 plus. Soon after we fell asleep, the alarms went off. 7.30 am, time to go to college. haha...champions!

I had fun anyhows. I appreciated my friends being very accomodating, making me feel less of a jakun in the club. I felt bad because i was screaming with glee at the end of it. I don't think I'll go clubbing again. haha...but all in all, it's a night to remember. =)

7 comments:

Wengie said...

Hey... glad that you enjoyed the show tho im sorry tho couldnt stay around to chat... u know right you guys should have stayed back... i could have brought u into zouk for free to the vip area where u could have gotten free drinks... what la..

galnexdor said...

weng: haha nvmla...didnt wanna disturb u...u were so busy...i wanted to meet the male models...but its okla...:)

eugene: hahah yea...well like i told mel, weng lum promised me topless men...which was a major influential factor...=) trust me...my school friends have been trying since i turned 18

Wengie said...

haha karen the male models WERE in the vip area

Kevin Siah said...

Apalah... you write as though our parents are so conservative... Please lah, you youself don't like clubbing... don't make our parents look bad...

galnexdor said...

oh pls...u know ive always had a curfew and u never did...

they probably let YOU go clubbing and not me...coz im a girl...

and coz ure such a saint...and im such a rebel...

yea...dun go making me look bad...

..melanie.. said...

karen!! you're supposed to go clubbing with UUUUSSSS!! don't forget me and eugene laaa!

go clubbing with uuuusssss!! i..err.. cook you mai fun with fishballs at night k? and..err.. lifu's working hard at the gym edi..hoho.

galnexdor said...

ahahahha...yes yes...i will la...make sure eugene starts working out too...muahahah